Coffee rant

I've been left on my own in the office...

I started 2 posts earlier and deleted them both, because I could feel the people behind me reading over my shoulder (they'd have to have amazing long-distance vision, but that's possible) and it all sounded stooooopid.

Can't even remember what I was talking about any more.

I was rambling on a load of drivel about being angry all the time. I never finished that. I'll post it later on, so you all have that to look forward to. :/

To be honest I only started writing to vent about the fact that all my friends have up and left Southend for one reason or another. 2 of them have done the clever thing and gone off to uni... in fact, the other moved back to Braintree, so they've all done the clever thing really and got away from this helllllhole of a town. It's really shite, isn't it? The more time I spend here, the more I grow to hate it. The palm trees they've planted by the college make me laugh; that really isn't going to make the slightest bit of difference to the town's reputation. And that accomodation building is HORRIBLE.

In the summer, John and I cycled into town to have breakfast, but it was a wee bit of a waste of time. We ended up in the Last Post, eating brunch (that they specially made vegetarian, on a one-off basis, just for me, ain't I lucky), and quite frankly, I could have done a better job at home, but anyway, that's not the point - the point is, why is a Wetherspoons the only place you can go and eat a cooked breakfast?! Why are there a million coffee shops and a little bunch of chain restuarants, not even very nice ones, but so few authentic little tea shops and cafés? What kind of a town needs two starbucks, one is too many. And two Costas. And a Cafe Nero - across the road from fucking Starbucks.

I did go to Costa like, last week. But only because I wanted a chocolate tiffin.

Where my grandparents live in southern Ireland there are so many cute, one-off tea rooms, restuarants, pubs and delis. And people over there are NICE. They say hello to you in the street. I don't think there is such a thing as an Irish chav. On Wednesdays, they sell puppies and assortments of cheeses and jewlery and stuff. It's nothing like the german market that comes to Southend, it's GOOD. Last time we went in the summer, I didn't want to leave.

Southend needs CULTURE!!

That is all.

I'm going to lunch. Somewhere that isn't a coffee shop.

Comments

Popular Posts