What a load of old tut.

As always, I've gotten worked up about something, waited until I was in front of a computer so I could vent it all in a blog and, to be quite honest, forgotten why I was even annoyed. Well I sort of remember; it was a bit about Friday Night Dinner and a bit about the ignorance of some of the meat eaters in this town. But I really can't be bothered with any of that now. So, in summary: Friday Night Dinner = wooden acting, painfully un-funny gags, thin meaningless plots, -4/10. Any thoughts here are welcome. That guy from The Inbetweeners just ISN'T funny. Having 2 deaf characters that just say 'what?!' to everything, ISN'T funny. Most of Southend = ignorant, illiterate cavement twits. I found this comment on the echo website underneath the article about The Railway menu going completely vegeterian: "Typical selfish vegans. Everywhere else is expected to cater for vegans on their menu, but when vegans open an eatery they refuse to cater for meat eaters. I hope they fail". Is this fair? I can't help but think that the person who wrote this is quite simply an idiot. Since vegans and vegeterians in this town are very much a minority, it does Southend absolutely no harm to open the FIRST and ONLY Vegeterian-only place in the town. People seem to forget that The Railway only does Sunday Roasts food-wise at the moment, so adding to the menu can only be a good idea. People also seem to think that vegans and vegeterians are just fussy and want to take the moral highground. For me, this isn't it at all, it's just how I was brought up. I had the choice to eat meat once I was old enough to make my own mind up, and I chose not to. I do eat fish (mainly out of convinience), so I would never preach to others about their lifestyle choices, and ask that re-consider their eating habits. If anything, it's the other way round. I don't understand how creating a vegeterian menu is a bad thing in any way. As my whole family have proved, you can live a healthy life not eating meat. Vegan/vegeterian food is really tasty and varied, we don't just live off lentils and nutroast. Somebody else wrote on the article "This offends my human right to have a meal with meat". Well, going into KFC, TGI Fridays or a steak house offends MY human right to have a meal without meat. So shut up. If you really, really can't go without meat for one meal then perhaps you could try popping in to one of the other 30 or so restuarants/cafes in town that do a 'normal' menu. And for those of us who are vegeterian, it will be a nice and refreshing change to be able to choose from anything on the menu, as opposed to 2, maybe 3 options. I might also point out that The Railway is a pub, not a restuarant so they can pretty much do whatever food they want. Perhaps someone can shed some light on what the hell's wrong with this bloody town.

Comments

  1. it is a real luxury to be able to choose anything, ANYthing from a menu:
    to have wider options instead of something mushroom, goats cheese or some kind of red slop that pretends to be chilli or bolognese:
    how selfish of those commenters to believe that their choice to eat animals is more important than our reasons not to:
    one word ~ inclusion!
    x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts