B-E-A...uuutiful.

Yesterday, in an act of revenge for dressing him up as a woman, my friend Glen went to town on my face and covered it in blusher, metallic eyeshadow and fashioned a gorgeous handlebar moustache out of black liquid eyeliner; I looked HOT. It made me realise that actually there is no point in moaning about how you look or wasting time worrying if other girls are prettier than you. I'm sure that lots of girls think that life is a competiton. You have to have the most perfectly applied makeup, the shiniest, straightest hair and a wardrobe full of Urban Outfitters/Topshop spring collection. Well, vanity is an ugly trait. So is fake modesty. And you can be the prettiest girl in the world but if you never smile, who would look at you twice? The most attractive trait in the world is laughter and a happy personality. I'll remember that next time I'm scowling in front of the mirror at my stomach or my untidy fringe. So yesterday, my friends saw me with a face full of disgusting looking makeup, and then, after I'd scrubbed it off, with none. They're all still talking to me. There's no point in being fake. There is no point in being so uptight you're afraid to do anything other than pout when posing for a photo. Really beautiful people are the ones with massive grins and don't care about looking 100% perfect. I'm not the perfect weight either, but chocolate makes me happy, so... You can all stop de-tagging yourself now and just appreciate that no one is perfect and, to be honest, no one really cares about how other people look anyway.

Comments

Popular Posts